Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gas Explosion

Nothing like starting science lab off with an gas explosion! Don't worry, it was only the soda and mentos experiment but it sure got the kids excited to learn about gasses today!

Of course the raisins in 7-up experiment is always a big hit.
We also let the kids put dry ice in water to see the CO2 being released.
Last, but not least, we talked about bubbles being gas surrounded by a thin layer of liquid so the kids went outside and blew bubbles with non-standard objects. Way cooler than regular bubble wands.

Separator

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING how you combined all of these activities!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic stuff. Now it just needs to warm up enough so I can take my students outside!
    Thanks for sharing- Love your ideas!

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a lesson plan for the Diet Coke and Mentos one? I know it's all over the internet, but I'd like to know how a fellow 1st grade teacher does it???
    Email me?

    whattheteacherwants@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete