Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Horton peek over and writing

I may need a Seuss intervention, I just can't. stop. creating. This came to me during my 7-hour car trip yesterday. It is a Horton peek over.

I scanned the pieces I made in for you so you don't have to waste time trying to recreate it. I know most of you didn't get the whole week off like I did. ;-) 

Elephant

I am going to use it with Horton Hatches the Egg. First, we will discuss what they think the quote Horton repeats means.

"I meant what I said
And I said what I meant....
An elephant's faifthful
One hundred per cent!"

I have two different ideas for writing prompts:
1. Name one example from the story in which Horton proves that he is faithful. OR
2. How can you show you are faithful? ex. Follow through when you say you will finish a chore, play with a friend, etc.

So, I left the writing paper with the quote but no directions so you can decide.

Horton Hatches the Egg

Separator

19 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I love Horton. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peeking Horton!

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too stinkin cute!!! I have begun to go Seuss c-r-a-z-y as well!!! It's too fun!

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal
    www.mchaffiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HEART this activity and Horton.

    Cheryl from Mrs Saouds Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously in love with this post! Thanks for sharing! I am going a little Seuss crazy myself.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. Our school does a door decorating contest for this day and this was our inspiration one year. I had the kids paint an egg and I drew a bird-like figure and attached their face for the head. Our door read, "I meant what I said and I said what I meant... A first-grader's faithful 100%" Thanks for sharing!
    Shelly
    www.asprecsapple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the writing paper? The blue and orange arrow tells me I am not authorized to download this file. The word "here" gives me an incomplete file. Please help. I love this and want to use it!!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam,
    I uploaded to Scribd instead to see if that is a better place to download from. You'll have to sign in but it is free. Not sure why Docstoc and Google are being so difficult! Please let me know if anyone keeps having trouble.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are sharing great ideas here. I haven't used scribd before. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable. I do a few others like this and this is another addition my kids will be able to do easily. Thanks so much for sharing, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can not seem to DL this item. It doesn't give me the option.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherri-Lynn,
    Click on the word elephant just above the Scribd logo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! This goes along perfect with the fruit of the spirit trait, faithfulness, that the whole school is focusing on this month. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Horton is extremely adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Horton is extremely adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super-cute! Thank you so much! (And I am a new follower!)

    ReplyDelete